Friday, April 15, 2011

TCC Conference

Today was the last night of the 3-day TCC Conference and I must say, I am very impressed!  I have never attended anything like this before and it really took some getting used to setting up but with help and once I was set up, it was very intuitive and interesting.  I really felt a sense of community and it was one presentation after another.  I will be taking away a good experience of what the graduating class of ETEC students have to do to graduate and the way they have presented their projects. 
I wish there was a way to provide more multimedia in the Elluminate whiteboard, however.  I would incorporate all sorts of interactive and interesting graphic and video for the viewers to click on for memory retention and attention.  I did like the polling system and the instant results Elluminate has and the TCC website's organization.  I enjoyed having a choice of different subjects which interested me.  The presenters all did a wonderful job and I can only think of how much hard work went into their research and presentation, not to mention, their public speaking.  This is when online learning and tools really shine.  The fact that people from all over the world can connect and listen to the presentations no matter where they were is such a benefit, it should be more widely used.
I had a great time and would be interested in attending something similar with additional subject matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment